Top Five Reasons to Attend:
1. Networking: More than 150 global health workers from some of the most prominent organizations will be in attendance, including USAID, CARE and the Red Cross. Register today for the opportunity to connect with these global health leaders.
2. Knowledge: Whether your global health work focuses on nutrition, gender equity, polio, tuberculosis, reproductive health, social behavior change, mHealth, malaria, monitoring and evaluation....the list goes on! And we'll be holding technical roundtables and sessions on a variety of issues.
3. Passion for the global health field: You love what you do so share your passion with your peers, mentors and leaders in the field because it’s contagious.
4. Inspiration: The people you meet and the things you’ll learn will inspire you to take action.
5. Growth : Your experience at the fall meeting will expand your world personally and professionally. You’ll gain new skills and knowledge to enhance your expertise on global health issues.
Some other highlights include:
A roundtable discussion "Picture Perfect: A Discussion about Humanitarian Photography" with Laura Elizabeth Pohl, multimedia manager at Bread for the World. She produces photo, video, and audio stories about hunger and poverty issues at Bread. The roundtable will focus on the question: How can NGOs improve and creatively use photography to meet their humanitarian communications goals?
A technical session called "Economic Empowerment Strategies and Health Outcomes" will feature various economic and social empowerment approaches/models, including Village Savings and Loan Associations (VSLAs), Grass Roots Organizing our Wealth and Pact's WORTH model. This panel will feature integration of livelihoods, economic empowerment and work against poverty with MCH.