Nomination Form: International Midwife Award for Newborn Care
2014 International Midwife Award
Sponsored by the International Confederation of Midwives and Save the Children
Presented at the 30th ICM Congress
Prague | June 1-5, 2014
A nominator must submit the form below along with a detailed description justifying the nominee’s achievements in newborn care by 17 March 2014. The nominations will be reviewed by a panel and winners will be notified by 1 April, 2014. The winner will have their travel and expenses paid to attend the 30th ICM Congress in Prague, Czech Republic from 1-5 June and will be presented with their award during the opening ceremonies. Winners will also have the opportunity to participate in a video project, highlighting their achievements for newborn health.
Selection Criteria: A nominee should-
- Be working in a low- or middle-income country that is high burden for maternal and neonatal deaths (see below for a list of qualifying countries);
- Be actively working in the public or non-profit health sector, in clinical work, education, research or outreach, having an effect beyond one hospital or unit;
- Provide an example of commitment to newborn care, for example training in essential newborn care, resuscitation, or kangaroo mother care;
- Show compassion and empathy for women, newborns, families, as well as co-workers;
- Be a positive role model - dynamic, motivated, passionate, and an agent for change;
- Remain up to date with current midwifery practice;
- Promote and participate in building a positive work environment, including staff growth, mentorship, learning, and development.
The application must be accompanied by a description of the nominee’s career history and description of why this person should win the award based on the selection criteria above. Please provide specific examples of how the nominee has demonstrated commitment to midwifery, including examples of the nominee’s leadership qualities and impact for newborn care.
Nominations are welcome from the following countries (in alphabetical order):
Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cote d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Sudan, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania.
The 2014 International Midwife Awards are sponsored by Save the Children and ICM, and given on behalf of EveryOne, Save the Children’s global campaign to save children’s lives, and Save the Children’s Saving Newborn Lives program (SNL), supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Click here to return to the Awards Page.