The Health Research Program at USAID and the Coordinating Implementation Research to Communicate Learning and Evidence (CIRCLE) Project invite global experts, researchers, implementers and policy makers to join our Community of Practice (CoP) focused on possible serious bacterial infections (PSBI) where referral is not feasible. To join, go to this page or email Sara Holtz of the CIRCLE Project at email@example.com
Community of Practice (CoP)
We define a CoP as “groups of people who share a concern or passion for something they do and learn how to do it better as they interact regularly.” These groups facilitate the collective pursuit of a shared interest through relationship building, learning and information sharing about a specific practice area or need. They also stimulate dialogue, capture and diffuse existing knowledge, support collaboration, organize members around purposeful action, generate new knowledge and help to connect people who might not ordinarily interact. Given these features, CoPs are uniquely positioned to help drive the research-to-use process by supporting stakeholder engagement, knowledge management, research translation, and research dissemination.
The PSBI CoP aims to foster technical exchange, collaboration, learning, capacity building and resource mobilization.
Provide a forum to enable information sharing (e.g., research findings, experiences, lessons learned, best practices) and problem-solving relevant to PSBI implementation and management.
- Spark dialogue about PSBI management, implementation research, translation of PSBI research and newborn health
- Promote learning about PSBI management and implementation research
- Encourage collaboration among PSBI stakeholder groups in different countries, regions and worldwide
- Build country, regional and global capacity in all aspects of PSBI management, implementation and research
- Develop, facilitate and mobilize resources for implementation research and PSBI
- Cultivate champions of implementation research and research translation related to PSBI
- Facilitate connections between global experts who might not otherwise interact
Get information about future webinars at this link.