The International Pediatric Association (IPA) and with its 168 member organizations, with host their the 29th International Pediatric Association Congress to be held in Panama City, Panama from March 17-21, 2019.
The IPA 2019 Congress will address progress within the context of the sustainable development goals for child health. In alignment with the congress theme “Partnerships for Children” it will advance the IPA Mission that “Pediatricians, working with other partners, will be leaders in promoting physical, mental and social health for all children, and in realizing the highest standards of health for newborns, children and adolescents in all countries of the world. The IPA will work with professional associations and all others willing to add their strengths to advocacy, education and programming on behalf of children.”
SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM TOPICS
The congress will include an in-depth program featuring leaders in the pediatric community covering a range of topics including:
- Sustainable Development Goals: A right for every child, every where
- Every Newborn: Evidence for closing gaps for neonatal care around the world?
- Children in humanitarian setting; a global priority
- Every child surviving: Addressing the unfinished agenda of infectious diseases
- Every child thriving: Accelerating progress to address the double burden of undernutrition and obesity
- Genetics, the new Genomics and Child Health
- From Every Child to Every Adolescent