The International Conference on Group B Strep (ICGBS) 2020 is an online collaboration of healthcare professionals, laboratorians, researchers, families, policy makers, and other interested individuals working to increase GBS disease awareness and prevention.
Approximately 1 in 4 pregnant women carry GBS, which can infect babies during pregnancy through the first few months of life. Not all babies exposed to GBS become infected, but, for those who do, the results can be devastating. GBS can cause babies to be miscarried, stillborn, born prematurely, become very sick, have lifelong handicaps, or die.
Key topics of the conference include:
- Reducing the risk of GBS colonization
- Identifying maternal GBS colonization
- Reducing the risk of GBS infection
- Identifying GBS infection
- Early intervention
- Pathology testing
- Subsequent pregnancy management
- Parent/provider communication and support
For more information, please visit gbsi.me/ICGBS2020. Registration is complimentary.