On August 4th, during World Breastfeeding Week, the Care of the Small and Sick Newborn CoP will host a webinar exploring the significance of the role midwives, nurses and physicians play in protecting, promoting and supporting breastfeeding in facilities, with examples from practitioners in Nepal and Rwanda. This webinar is part of a series of webinars coordinated with the Network for Improving Quality of Care for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health and NEST360. Time for questions and answers will follow the discussion.
This webinar is a follow up to the June 30th discussion, “Expanding human resources for the care of small and sick newborns” hosted by the Network for Improving Quality of Care for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health.
- View webinar slides here.
- Watch webinar recording here.
- View the Advocacy Brief on The Role of Midwives and Nurses in Protecting, Promoting, and Supporting Breastfeeding
- Dr. Srijana Basnet, Associate Professor, Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu Nepal and General Secretary of the Nepal Breastfeeding Promotion Forum
- Umubyeyi Pacifique, RN, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Manager, Rwanda Military Hospital
- Dr. Carole Kenner, PhD, RN, FAAN, FNAP, ANEF CEO, Council of International Neonatal Nurses, Inc. (COINN)