The World Breastfeeding Week’s 25th year in 2017 is about working together for the common good! #WBW2017 will call on advocates and activists, decision-makers and celebrants to forge new and purposeful partnerships. Together, let’s attract political support, media attention, participation of young people and widen our pool of celebrants and supporters. Only then can we campaign for a generation and commit to achieving the SDGs by 2030.
World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) 2017 marks a new start for us to work together and show how we can achieve sustainable development through the protection, promotion and support of breastfeeding. To celebrate WBW, we published a series of resources, blogs and news:
- Evidence of Effective SBCC Approaches to Promote Breastfeeding Practices
- The Investment Case for Breastfeeding & Global Breastfeeding Scorecard, 2017
- Better Together: Revitalizing Family Planning & Nutrition Services
- Working Together to Ensure All Infants Receive Human Milk
- The New Wave of Breastfeeding Innovator
- How Formula Milk Shaped the Modern Workplace
- Melinda Gates on Breastfeeding: It’s Natural, But It Sure Ain’t Easy
- Breast-feeding the Microbiome
We encourage partners to use this platform to help in your effort to raise awareness of breastfeeding and highlight links between breastfeeding and the SDGs.