The World Breastfeeding Week’s 26th year in 2018 is about working together for the common good! #WBW2018 will call on advocates and activists, decision-makers and celebrants to forge new and purposeful partnerships. Together, let’s attract political support, media attention, participation of young people and widen our pool of celebrants and supporters. Only then can we campaign for a generation and commit to achieving the SDGs by 2030.
World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) 2018 marks a new start for us to work together and show how we can achieve sustainable development through the protection, promotion and support of breastfeeding. To celebrate WBW, we published a series of resources, blogs and news:
- Nurturing the Health and Wealth of Nations: The Investment Case for Breastfeeding
- Exclusive breastfeeding practice in Ethiopia and its association with antenatal care and institutional delivery: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Enabling women to breastfeed through better policies and programmes: Global breastfeeding scorecard 2018
- 1000 Days Webinar 1: The Potential of Social Media for Advocacy
- 1000 Days Webinar 2: Content Strategy & Audience Engagement
- 1000 Days Webinar 3: Storytelling by the Numbers
- 1000 Days Webinar 4: Storytelling by the People
- 1000 Days Webinar 5: Gearing up for World Breastfeeding Week
- What kangaroos can teach us about saving lives
- Breastmilk offers lifelong health benefits. Let’s promote it better
We encourage partners to use this platform to help in your effort to raise awareness of breastfeeding and highlight links between breastfeeding and the SDGs.