The Journal of Global Health collection on “Accelerating Kangaroo Mother Care” includes six papers that describe some of the achievements in expanding and accelerating Kangaroo Mother Care, led by Save the Children’s Saving Newborn Lives program.
These six papers include:
- Service readiness for inpatient care of small and sick newborns: what do we need and what can we measure now?
- Starting the conversation: community perspectives on preterm birth and kangaroo mother care in southern Malawi
- Kangaroo mother care for clinically unstable neonates weighing ≤2000 g: Is it feasible at a hospital in Uganda?
- Readiness of hospitals to provide Kangaroo Mother Care (KMC) and documentation of KMC service delivery: Analysis of Malawi 2014 Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care (EmONC) survey data
- Consensus–based approach to develop a measurement framework and identify a core set of indicators to track implementation and progress towards effective coverage of facility–based Kangaroo Mother Care
- What is kangaroo mother care? Systematic review of the literature