1. Overview of ENAP and Country Implementation
The partnerships forged during the development process for ENAP will work together on three main streams of activities:
- Country implementation: to identify and respond to technical support needs to ensure that the proposed strategies and evidence are translated into action.
- Data and metrics: to improve and institutionalize metrics to track coverage and impact based on the goals and targets of the ENAP and the five strategic objectives.
- Advocacy: to strengthen and track maternal and newborn health advocacy efforts globally and in countries.
2. Country Tracking Tool & Progress
Purpose: design a tool to support countries in tracking implementation and progress towards achieving the national ENAP milestones
- To support countries to assess the status of progress and identify barriers to implementation in line with the ENAP milestones
- To support countries to collect information to define potential solutions and identify the type of technical assistance available or needed on a continuous basis
- To provide information to country, regional, and global partners in order to facilitate country technical support as needed
3. Mapping of Technical Support to Maternal and Newborn Care
Purpose: The overall objective is to set up a repository of the technical assistance currently available for maternal and newborn care.
- Conduct a global review to identify the implementing partners and donors currently providing technical support to maternal and newborn care.
- Develop a database which lists the organizations providing technical support and the activities and initiatives that they are involved in, per country.
- Compile a list of consultants for future technical support to countries.
4. Moving forward
- Development of guidelines Every Mother Every Newborn
- ENAP Progress report and a report to the World Health Assembly + launch event
- Positioning ENAP and EPMM in Global Strategy for Women’s and Children’s Health. Advocacy representatives within the Country Implementation work
- Multi-country activities – Asia HBC, Eastern Mediterranean meetings
5. Questions and Discussion