As we begin 2022, the Healthy Newborn Network Team would like to share the most important articles and resources for the newborn health community that have come out of 2021, including those released in Q4. In the past year we’ve seen important new evidence and findings in the following areas:
- safe and effective maternal and newborn healthcare during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- support for outpatient management of possible severe bacterial infection (PSBI) and pneumonia in newborns;
- the latest progress and trends in midwifery;
- innovations for improving the quality of care for small and sick newborns; and
- new ground-breaking research on kangaroo mother care (KMC).
Continue reading to learn more about the resources released in each area in addition to insight on some key things we expect to see this year -such as a comprehensive update to our HNN Numbers page!
As always, we aim to share the latest information while connecting with our members to promote relevant resources, events and blogs here in the newsletter and on HNN. Please continue to contact our team to submit your resources, events and blogs to the network!