View Resource View Resource
About This Toolkit
- This toolkit aims to provide information and guidance for institutions, companies, and other organizations interested in implementing policies and interventions to support lactation in the workplace ?
- It highlights the benefits of creating an enabling environment for breastfeeding women to express and store their breast milk while at work, and offers practical guidance on how to do so ?
- It is based on the best practices of a model piloted in Viet Nam by Alive & Thrive (A&T) and the Viet Nam General Confederation of Labor (VGCL) from January 2012 to August 2014
- Employers requesting a guide on how to establish and implement a workplace lactation support program, with the provision of adequate space for female employees to express and store breast milk onsite ?
- Employees who want to convince their companies to have a workplace lactation support program ?
- Governments interested in replicating the innovative approach piloted in Viet Nam by Alive & Thrive and the Viet Nam General Confederation of Labor ?
- Donors requiring technical and financial information on creating an enabling environment in the workplace for optimal breastfeeding ?
- NGOs/local institutions looking for a resource on how to set up a workplace lactation support program