About the Healthy Newborn Network
In many communities around the world, children are not named until they survive thier first month of life – the newborn period. Globally, 2.8 million newborns die, and 2.6 million babies are stillborn each year. Four out of five newborn deaths result from preventable and treatable conditions: preterm birth; infections; and complications during childbirth.
In April of 2010, the Healthy Newborn Network was established to bring together partner organizations working in newborn health to improve access to key resources, data, and lessons learned, and to help increase commitment to the advancement of newborn health around the world.
The Healthy Newborn Network (HNN) is an online community dedicated to addressing critical knowledge gaps in newborn health. HNN is a platform for organizations and professionals to exchange experiences disseminate information and increase coordination, collaboration and co-generation of knowledge to advance newborn health.
HNN connects advocates around the world and provides a platform for discussions and interactions on a vast range of newborn and maternal health topics.
If you are not a member already, we encourage you to sign up. Join as an individual member or partner organization today. Help us to continue the momentum around making newborn health a global health priority.
- Get the Latest:
- Download publications, tools and guidelines from the HNN Resource Library
- Find global, national, and regional data related to newborn health
- Stay up to date through the HNN news library and e-updates
- Share You Knowledge:
- Participate and contribute to online conversations
- Share lessons learned from country and global activities
- Become a Newborn Health Blogger
- Expand Your Reach:
- Join as an HNN Partner Organization, feature your newborn health programs
- Upload your resources and publications, including photos, audio and videos
- Participate in Global Moments and online campaigns
The Healthy Newborn Network (HNN) is a partnership of organizations and individual members committed to improving newborn health around the world. HNN was launched in 2010 as an initiative of Save the Children’s Saving Newborn Lives (SNL) Program. SNL serves as the secretariat of HNN and takes primary responsibility for maintaining the HNN website, including compiling resources and content. Active participation, including posting resources, blogs, and comments is encouraged. Resources and opinions posted on HNN do not necessarily reflect the views or endorsement of Save the Children or any HNN Partner Organization. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.