Building Better Breastfeeding Counselling Programmes: New tools for implementation
Join The Global Breastfeeding Collective during World Breastfeeding Week as they introduce new tools and resources to support implementation of recommendations on providing skilled breastfeeding counselling to all women during the first thousand days of their children’s lives.
The resources being introduced:
- Implementation Guidance on Counselling Women to Improve Breastfeeding Practices (UNICEF and WHO), presented by Laurence Grummer-Strawn and Fatmata Fatima Sesay
- Infant and Young Child Feeding Counselling: Training Course (WHO), presented by Carmen Casanovas
- Operational Guidance: Breastfeeding Counselling in Emergencies (ENN and IFE Core Group), presented by Isabelle Modigell
- Advocacy Brief: The Role of Midwives and Nurses in Protecting, Promoting, and Supporting Breastfeeding (Collective), presented by Carole Kenner, Theresa Shaver, Leah Greenspan
- Compendium of Skilled Breastfeeding Case Studies (Collective), presented by a panel of participants from the case studies
These resources will provide governments (including ministries of health), civil society organizations, UN agencies’ staff, donors, and others with specific steps in improving and expanding breastfeeding counselling in their communities, including in emergency situations, and will provide examples of how this has been achieved in different countries.
Choose between two options based on your global location and language preferences:
- REGISTER HERE for Tuesday, 03 Aug at 14:00 UTC* for Americas, Europe, western Africa
- This webinar will have simultaneous interpretation in Spanish and French.
- REGISTER HERE Wednesday, 04 Aug at 6:00 UTC* for eastern Africa, eastern Mediterranean, Asia, Western Pacific
- This webinar will have simultaneous interpretation in Russian and Arabic.
*Click the UTC links to convert to your time zone