This is the 10th issue of the Bangladesh National Newborn Health Programme (NNHP) newsletter. The purpose of this quarterly bulletin is to provide regular updates on progress made by various initiatives led by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, development partners, professional associations and other stakeholders to improve the survival and wellbeing of newborns in the country. This issue highlights key activities performed by NNHP and its partners during last four months.
- National Newborn Health Conference and Observation of World Prematurity Day
- Meeting of National Technical Working Committee for Newborn Health
- New Health Facilities Offering KMC Service
- NNHP Performed Countrywide Supervisory Visits at Health Facilities
- Identiﬁcation of 20 Newborn Signal Functions (NSFs) and Health Facility Assessment in 205 Public Health Facilities
- Establishing KMC Corner in the Family Planning Centers to give Kangaroo Mother Care service (DGFP)
- ICT Solution for Community Level Post-Discharge Follow-Up of KMC Baby
- Regional Roaming Team “A Quality Improvement Initiative for SCANU”
- MR Khan Shishu Hospital: A New Training Venue for NNHP & IMCI Program
- Quality Essential Newborn Care through Midwives
- Annual Workshop on Prematurity with Dhaka Urban Newborn Health Stakeholders
The bulletin focus primarily on evidence-based interventions prioritized by the Government of Bangladesh for accelerating the reduction of newborn deaths of the country. The content of this bulletin was prepared by the Newborn and Child Health Cell, under the leadership of NNH & IMCI unit DGHS and supported by MaMoni-MNCSP funded by USAID.